The most popular Indian vegetarian dish, made out of assortment of vegetables cooked in a rich and creamy coconut,almond , cashew nut and spices based gravy . Korma has many varities and in South India it’s known as Kurma.
- Potatoes – 100 gms, small dices
- Carrots – 100 gms, small dices
- Green beans – 100 gms, chopped
- Cauliflower – 100 gms, florets
- Green peas – 50 gms
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Cardamom – 2 each
- Cloves – 2 each
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch stick
- Bay leaf -1
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Ginger- garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam masala – 2 Tbsp
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Almonds – one handful
- Cashew nuts – one handful
- Tomatoes – 1 medium,chopped
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – 1 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan, fry cinnamon stick,cloves,cardamom and bay leaves.
- When the flavor is infused, remove them and discard.
- Add sliced onion to it and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilly, saute well.
- Add powdered spices such as turmeric, garam masala, chilly powder and cook well on a slow fire.
- In the mean time, grind together grated coconut, cashew nuts and almonds by adding enough water to fine paste in a food processor and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they are mushy and soft.
- Add the ground coconut mixture and little water. Cook for a minute.
- Add the cut vegetables such as carrot, beans, cauliflower, potatoes and peas.
- Cover with a lid, cook on a slow fire until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add coriander leaves and adjust the seasoning.
- Your korma is ready now, enjoy with parathas or rice.
Sharing is Caring and it’s just a click away! If you find this post useful, I would really appreciate if you could please share it with your friends on social medias. Thank you.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!