Spicy & Delicious Potato Curry
Spicy & Delicious Potato Curry is one of the easiest vegetable curries you can try out and it does not require any special cooking skills or ingredients to make this recipe.
Spicy & Delicious Potato Curry is made with potato cubes cooked in a spicy onion-tomato based gravy with lots of whole spices in it. Goes very well with rice, chapathi or any Indian bread.
I have used coconut oil for this recipe (you can substitute with any oil of your choice) and tempered with cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, curry leaves, cloves and cardamom. Make sure to use only one cinnamon stick in this curry otherwise cinnamon flavor might over power the dish.
What To Keep In Mind? The key factor for a perfect flavor combination is to cook off the whole spices on a slow and to add little water whilst cooking the powdered spices to take raw flavor out of it.
I hope you will enjoy this Spicy & Delicious Potato Curry recipe and do not forget to let me know your feedback in the comment section below.
Spicy & Delicious Potato Curry Recipe with step by step photos..
- Potatoes – 5oo gms, cubes
- Coconut oil- 1 Tbsp
- Cloves -3
- Cardamom -2
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Fennel seeds -1/4 Tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/4 Tsp
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- Onion -1 medium, chopped
- Ginger paste -1/2 Tsp
- Garlic paste -1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric -1 Tsp
- Chilly powder -1 Tsp
- Cumin powder -1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Tomato -1, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat up skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and heat it up.
- Now add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Let the whole spices cook on slow flame for about a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until it becomes soft.
- Now add ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Cook for a good 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Let it cook on a slow fire for about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and until the tomatoes are cooked through.
- Now add potatoes and half a cup of water.
- Season with salt and let it come to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and dish out.
- Serve with rice, chapathi or Indian bread and enjoy.
You Might Also Like..