Rava,mixed nuts paysam recipe
Yet another paysam recipe from Kerala. Rava,mixed nuts paysam recipe is a very simple and easy to make at the same time. A very healthy payasam. I have added tons of nuts such as cashew, pistachio and almonds to make it rich and super delectable.
Do you like nuts, don’t you? I just love plenty of nuts in my payasam. This recipe is a superb combination of mildly flavored rava with a lot of nuts in it. If your kids like nuts, you should definitely make this at your home very often and make them happy.
Try out this Rava,mixed nuts paysam recipe and let me know your comments please..
- Rava/ semolina – 250 gms
- Ghee/ butter – 2 Tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 250 gms
- Cashew nut – 30 gms
- Pistachio nuts – 30 gms
- Almonds -30 gms
- Cardamom powder – 1 Tsp
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot and add ghee.
- Heat up ghee or butter in a medium sized pan and add rava.
- Slow roast rava on medium fire for about 5 minutes.
- When rava is nicely golden brown in color, add milk into it.
- Bring the milk to a boil, reduce the flame to low and continue cooking.
- In the meantime, chop pistachio,almonds, cashewnuts and keep aside.
- When the rava is completely cooked, add sugar and dissolve it.
- Stir in half of the chopped nuts.
- Continue to cook on a slow fire until you get the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, garnish with the chopped nuts and serve.
Note: Adding hot milk to rava will reduce the cooking time and also enhances the flavor.
Sharing is Caring and it’s just a click away! If you find this post useful, I would really appreciate if you could share it with your friends on social medias. Thank you.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!