Quinoa & Pumpkin Pudding
There are three steps involved in the making of this dish. The first step is to cook quinoa and sweeten it. The second step is to oven the pumpkin and puree it. The third step is to sweeten and sugar and mix well to a silky consistency.Once you have these three components ready, it is layered alternatively and garnished with chopped pear fruit and almonds.
I hope you try out this excellent Quinoa & Pumpkin Pudding recipe and do let me know how it turned out for you in the comment section below.
Quinoa & Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
- Quinoa -200 gsm
- Water – 400 ml
- Pumpkin -400 gsm
- Yogurt – 200 gms
- Sugar – 200 gms
- Olive oil for roasting
- Pear chopped for garnish.
- Almonds chopped for garnish.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and dice them in to small pieces.
- Apply a tiny bit oil and oven roast (160 degree celcious) it for 20 minutes.
- Take quinoa and water in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the fire to simmer and keep covered and cook until soft.
- In the mean time, mix yogurt and sugar and refrigerate.
- When the quinoa is cooked mix in 100 gms of sugar and remove from the fire.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Take pumpkin in a food processor and blend to a fine silky consistency. Refrigerate.
- Take half of quinoa and pumpkin puree and mix together.
- Now it’s time to do the layering- in glass bowl, start with plain quinoa on the bottom.
- Then add yogurt and sugar mix.
- Top the yogurt mix with plain pumpkin puree.
- For the fourth layer, take the pumpkin-quinoa mix and slowly layer it.
- Top it with yogurt mix and finish layering.
- Garnish with chopped pear and chopped almonds.
- Serve cold and enjoy.
Note: The layering pattern given in this recipe is just a guideline, you can create your own layering pattern. It’s recommended that all the components are refrigerated prior to layering and serve cold.
You May Also Like..
Sharing is Caring and it’s just a click away! If you find this post useful, I would really appreciate if you could please share it with your friends on social medias. Thank you.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!