Quick & Easy Masala Fish Curry Recipe
Let’s try this delicious Quick & Easy Masala Fish Curry Recipe today. This is one of my favorite fish curry recipes, I like my fish curries to be spicy and I tend to add a lot of chillies in my fish curries. Here in this recipe, I had added only 2 green chillies, which is less as per my standards. I have added less because I have used one teaspoon garam masala powder, which I don’t normally use in my fish curries. A word of warning- if you can not handle the heat 2 chillies or if you want feed this fish curry to your kids, I would recommend you skip the chillies.
This recipe has a predominant flavor of fenugreek in it, if you would like to read more about fenugreek and it’s health benefits, click here.
This beautiful fish curry is made with Rohu fish slow simmered in a spicy and aromatic onion and tomato based sauce with heaps of Indian spices.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe, do let me know in the comment section how this recipe turned out for you.
Quick & Easy Masala Fish Curry Recipe with step by step..
1.Heat oil, fry fenugreek, cumin seeds and green chilly.
2.Add onion and ginger and garlic paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3.Add tomato puree and cook for 3 minutes.
4.Add powdered spices. Cook well.
5.Add fish pieces. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
6.Add chopped coriander leaves and flip the fish pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7.Add lemon or lime juice. Adjust seasoning.
8.Fish curry is ready. Serve hot.
- Vegetable oil -1 Tbsp
- Fenugreek – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Green chillies – 2, slit
- Onion – 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 Tsp
- Tomatoes – 2, pureed
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam masala – 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice or lime juice as needed
- Clean, wash and cut fish pieces. Set aside.
- Heat up medium pot, add vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- Then add fenugreek and green chilly.
- Fry for 30 seconds on slow flame.
- Then add chopped onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic past.
- Cook for a minute and add tomato puree.
- Cook it for 3 minutes.
- Now add turmeric, cumin powder, chilly powder and garam masala.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add fish pieces. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and flip the fish pieces.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and add lemon juice.
- Your Quick & Easy Masala Fish Curry is ready now, serve hot.
You Might Also Like..