This very own dish of Keralites is a simple yet toothsome stew, served normally with appam. This stew also goes very well with Poori, Puttu and Idiyappam. There are so many variations of potato stew available, this is the most famous and well liked version of it.
- Potatoes – 3 medium
- Coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Grated coconut – 100 gms
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 Tsp
- Green chilly – 2 each
- Salt to taste
- Remove the skin and boil the potoes.
- Make coconut milk and set aside (you can also use ready made coconut cream)
- Heat oil in a medium sized cooking vessel, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and allow it to fry.
- Add sliced onion, green chilly and saute.
- When the onions become translucent, add ginger garlic paste and cook on a slow flame.
- Add the boiled and half mashed potatoes into it.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and let it simmer.
- When the gravy achieves the desired consistency , remove from the fire.
- Serve hot with appam.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!