It’s well known fact that no one could ever replicate the taste of Ambalapuzha paal payasam . I too admit it and I also know I would not be able replicate the taste as some says, the taste is due to the water from the particular well at the temple premise and some people say, the taste and flavor is due to the milk used from their own farm…Well, this recipe is my own take of the Ambalapuzha paal payasam and it tasted amazingly delicious.
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 300 gms
- Ghee- 50 ml
- Cardamom powder – ½ Tsp
- Cashew nuts – 25 gms
- Rose petals to garnish
- Wash and soak rice for an hour.
- Drain the rice and set aside.
- Allow the milk to boil in a thick bottomed pan stirring occasionally.
- When the milk is reduced to almost half add the rice.
- Once the rice is cooked, add sugar.
- Mix well and let the sugar dissolve completely.
- Add cardamom powder and continue to cook until desired consistency.
- Fry the cashew nuts in ghee separately and mix in payasam.
- Put down the fire and finish with ghee.
- Serve garnish with rose petals.
Sharing is Caring and it’s just a click away! If you find this post useful, I would really appreciate if you could share it with your friends on social medias by clicking social media icons. Thank you.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!