Neymeen Curry/ Seer Fish Curry
Medium sized dices of neymeen is cooked in a medium spicy coconut and dry roasted spices gravy. Neymeen or Seer fish is also known as Queen fish.
Neymeen Curry/ Seer Fish Curry Recipe
- Neymeen or seer fish – 700 gms
- Grated coconut – 200gms
- Chilly powder – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Green chilly – 2 nos, slit
- Tomato – 1 medium, quarted
- Kudampuli/Malabar tamarind- 2 nos
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Clean and cut fish into medium sized cubes.
- Ina skillet,dry roast powdered spices such as chilly powder, turmeric, fenugreek powder and coriander powder.
- In a food processor, take the grated coconut and dry roasted spices.
- Blend them together to a smooth paste by adding enough water.
- In an earthen ware pot, add the coconut paste and add water. (water should be just enough to cover the fish).
- Add green chilly, salt, tomato and tamarind and combine all the ingredients together.
- When the gravy comes to boil, add the fish and let it cook on a simmering fire.
- When the fish is cooked, add curry leaves to finish cooking.
- Serve hot with rice.
Sharing is Caring and it’s just a click away! If you find this post useful, I would really appreciate if you could share it with your friends on social medias. Thank you.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!