Nellika Jam /Indian Gooseberry Jam/Amla Jam is a healthy preparation as Nellikai is a good source of Vitamin C and has got a lot other health benefits as well if you make it a part of your diet on daily basis. Nellikai is known as Indian gooseberry and it is called Amla in hindi.
Indian gooseberries are available in so many shapes and shades. Indian gooseberries with light green shade is comparatively bitter but they have a very after, that is what I like most about the gooseberries.
You can serve this as a spread of bread, poori, roti or dosa. Apart from it’s outstanding medicinal values, kids love this jam and they can have it as it is.
Try out this Nellika Jam/Indian Gooseberry Jam/Amla Jam recipe and let me know your comments please..
- Nellikai – 250 gms
- Ghee/ Butter- 100 gms
- Jaggery – 250 gms
- Wash nellikai under cold running water throughly.
- Pressure cook the nellikai in a pressure cooker adding just enough water to cover the nellikai.
- Let it cool down and remove the seeds.
- Transfer it to a food processor and grind it to a fine paste.
- In a sauce pan melt jaggery , strain to remove any impurities and keep aside.
- Heat up butter in a pan and add nallikai paste into it.
- Cook on a slow fire, stirring continuously.
- Add Jaggery , continue to cook stirring continuously.
- When you get the desired consistency remove from the fire, cool down and store in the refrigerator.
Sharing is Caring and it’s just a click away! If you find this post useful, I would really appreciate if you could share it with your friends on social medias. Thank you.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!