How To Make Jeera Rice/ Cumin Rice
Today I am going to share with you a quick and easy jeera rice recipe, let’s see How To Make Jeera Rice/ Cumin Rice.
Jeera rice is a very aromatic and flavorful dish and can be served as a side dish for any meat or vegetarian dishes.
I have followed the traditional absorption method, where the rice is toasted first in butter and then double quantity of water is added to it. Cook until all the water is absorbed.
I hope you will try out this recipe, do let me know in the comment section how this recipe turned out for you.
If you would like to watch the video, click the link below.
How To Make Jeera Rice/ Cumin Rice with step by step photos
1.Heat up butter or ghee, add cumin seeds, cloves and bay leaves
2.Add basmati rice and fry until crispy.
3.Add hot water, cover with a lid and cook for 16-18 minutes on slow simmering flame.
4.Dish out and enjoy.
- Butter or ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cloves – 3/4 Tsp
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Hot water- 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Heat up a pot, add butter or ghee.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and let it fry for 30 seconds.
- The add bay leaves and cloves.
- Let it sizzle for a minute.
- Add basmati rice and fry until crispy (2 minutes).
- Now add 2 cups of water (for 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water by volume)
- Let it come to a boil, add salt.
- Reduce the flame to slow simmer, cover with a lid.
- Cook until the rice is done.
- It should take about 16-18 minutes.
- Remove the lid, mix in slowly without breaking the rice.
- Dish out and enjoy.
You Might Also Like..