One of the best kovalkka preparations of all time. My wife loves kovalkka and she is very innovative in finding and trying out new kovakka recipes.Kovalkka ularthu is one of her recent findings and it is so easy to make. Kovalkka fry is a stir fried kovalkka preparation with onions and spices.
- Kovakka- 500gms
- Onions – 1 medium, sliced.
- Coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Dry chilly – 3 pcs
- Turmeric powder – 1 Tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 Tsp
- Green chilly – 2 pcs
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut kovakka into half and sprinkle salt.
- After 5 minutes, squeeze and remove the water.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add turmeric and chilly powder.
- Once the raw flavor is gone, crush the dry chilly using your and add.
- Add curry leaves and kovakka and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add sliced onions, green chilly and continue to cook on a slow fire.
- Once Cooked, adjust seasoning and serve hot.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!