Holi Special Rice Pudding
I wish everyone a very very Happy Holi, Let the colours of Holi spread love, peace and happiness all around the globe. I hope you all will enjoy and treasure some joyful moments. Enjoy the Holi festivities with Holi Special Rice Pudding with your friends and family.
Holi is all about colours. Holi is a Hindu festival celebrated all over the subcontinent, India. Although Holi is a festival of colours, food is a major highlight of celebration. The style celebrations might vary from region to region, but sweets are made, exchanged or gifted among friends or neighbours all around the country.
Sweet dishes play an integral role in the Holi celebrations. Gujiya, Rasmalai, Malai Peda, Malpua, Puran Poli, Rice Pudding ( Rice Khmer), Kulfi, Kaju Baffin, etc are few of the most famous desserts made during this wonderful festive season.
Rice Pudding ( Rice Khmer) is an excellent and easy dessert to add more colours to your Holi celebrations. I hope you all will try out this scrumptious Holi Special Rice recipe and do let me know your feedback in the comment section below.
Holi Special Rice Pudding Recipe
- Rice long grain or Basmati – 200 gms
- Milk – 400 ml
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Saffron – 1/4 Tsp
- Sugar – 200 gms
- Raisins – 1 Tbsp
- Cardamom – 1/2 Tsp, crushed
- Wash rice under cold running water 2-3 times, then soak for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized thick bottomed vessel, bring milk to boil (take out 2 Tbsp of milk and reserve)
- Add rice and reduce fire to simmer.
- Let the rice cook on a simmering fire until soft.
- Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- In the meantime, soak saffron strands in warm milk and let infuse the flavour.
- When the rice is almost done, add sugar, raisins and crushed cardamom.
- Continue to cook until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Finish with butter and saffron milk.
- Remove from the fire and serve
Note: Rice Pudding can be served warm or cold. Refrigerate well for week in air tight containers.
You May Also Like..