Healthy Soy Bean Curry
Let me share with you one of the healthiest , tastier and vegan curry-Healthy Soy Bean Curry.
Healthy Soy Bean Curry is made with soy beans cooked in a rich and tasty tomato and onion based gravy with simple Indian spices.
Click the link below to watch the video..
Soy bean is one of the richest plant source of protein and its a powerhouse of proteins and minerals. Therefore it’s recommended that you should soy beans at least twice a week in to your diet.
I have soaked soy beans overnight (which is ideal), and cooked it for a good 30 minutes. I have pureed both the onions and tomatoes for this gravy to give a smooth texture to it.
I hope you will try out this Healthy Soy Bean Curry recipe and do drop me your feedback in the comment section below.
Healthy Soy Bean Curry With Step By Step Photos..
- Soak soy beans overnight and drain..
2. Take soy beans and water in a pot and bring to a boil..
3. Cover with a lid and let it cook until done. Strain and reserve the cooking liquid.
4.Meanwhile take onion, ginger-garlic paste and water in a blender..
5. Blend to fine paste and set aside..
6. Take tomato and make a smooth puree, set aside..
7.Heat oil a pot and add mustard seeds..
8. Add cumin, cook for a minute..
9. Now add the onion puree..
10. Add turmeric, chilly and cumin powder..
11. Add tomato puree..
12. Cook for 3 minutes..
13. Add cooked soy beans..
14. Add the reserved cooking liquid..
15. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes..
16. Add garam masala and crushed black pepper corns, adjust the seasoning..
- Soy bean – 500 gms, soaked
- Vegetable oil- 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Onion – 2 medium sized, pureed
- Ginegr-garlic paste- 1 Tsp
- Tomato – 1 medium sized, pureed
- Turmeric powder- 1 Tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala- 1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- First of all you need to soak the soy beans overnight (one cup of soy bean to 2 cups of water).
- Before you start cooking, strain the soy bean and set aside.
- Take the soy bean in a pot and add enough water to cover.
- Add salt, cover with a lid and cook on simmering fire until done.
- In the mean time blend together onion and ginger-garlic paste in food processor, set aside.
- Puree the fresh tomatoes and set aside.
- Strain the soy bean and reserve the left over cooking liquid.
- Heat up vegetable oil a pot and add mustard seeds.
- Let it crackle and add cumin seeds.
- Now add onion puree and cook on slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilly powder and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add tomato puree.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Now it’s time to add the cooked soy beans and left over cooking liquid.
- Mix well, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes (remember to keep the flame on slow mode)
- Remove the lid and add garam masala and freshly ground black pepper powder.
- Cook until the desire consistency is achieved and serve hot.
You Might Also Like..