Tamarind Candy Recipe
I have fond memories of tamarind candy from my childhood and I have been trying to replicate the same flavour and texture for some time in my kitchen and here I am, proudly present to you this Delicious Tamarind Candy Recipe.
Tamarind candy is a kid’s favourite and it’s very famous in Kerala. If you are visiting Kerala, you will find this in almost all local shops. The sweet, sour in flavour and it has got a semi-hard texture, it’s really fun to chew and enjoy the tart taste at the same time.
Tamarind candy is also known as tamarind balls and it’s popular in some parts of Northern India well, known as Imli Ki Goli in Hindi.
If you would like to read more about tamarind fruit and it’s health benefits, click here
I have used used store bought tamarind block, which was already seeded.I have added a tiny bit chilly powder to balance the sweetness and it has worked really well for this recipe. You really need to be mindful while adding chilly powder and make sure you don’t go overboard.I hope you will try out this Delicious Tamarind Candy Recipe and do let me know your feedback in the comment section below.
Delicious Tamarind Candy Recipe
- Tamarind – 1/2 cup, deseeded
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Salt one pinch
- Chilly powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Sugar for rolling
- First of all remove any hard textured particles you may find in the tamarind.
- Break the tamarind using a spoon and just pulse it in a food processor.
- You don’t really have to blitz the tamarind to a smooth texture, just coarsely grind it.
- Transfer the tamarind into a bowl and stir in all the ingredients and mix well.
- It’s recommended to refrigerate the mixture for at least 15 minutes prior to rolling, this makes it easier to make balls out of it.
- Then divide the mixture into equal sized balls and roll them in between your palms.
- Dust them in sugar to give an even coating of sugar.
- You can use them straight away, Enjoy.
Note: You can use ripened tamarind fruit as well. Break open the hard shell and devein them first and coarsely grind it.
You May Also Like..
Sharing is Caring and it’s just a click away! If you find this post useful, I would really appreciate if you could please share it with your friends on social medias. Thank you.
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!