My wife Bhagya, loves gobi masala and any cauliflower dishes as a matter of fact.Me and wife have tried gobi masala at multiple restaurants and the taste and flavor were different at different restaurants. We knew that was because of the masalas and the way they cook at each restaurants. My wife has her own spice mix when it comes to cauliflower dishes and this is just one of them.
- cauliflower – 500 gms
- Oil-1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- Onion- 1 medium, chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 Tsp
- Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
- Chilly powder – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam masala -1 Tsp
- Cilantro- 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Hot water – 50 ml
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut cauliflower into even sized florets.
- Chop onion and tomato and keep aside.
- In a medium sized cooking vessel/kadai, heat oil.
- Add curry leaves, let the flavor to infuse.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until onions become translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered masala and cook for a minute.
- Add cauliflower florets now and add 50 ml of hot water.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Check if the cauliflower is tender and adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot
Bone Appetite & Happy Cooking!